Vision, Values & Ethos
A very special place, where learning has no limits.
Our aims for the school community are as follows:
- All children want to come to school and are safe and enjoy learning;
- Learning is real, immersive and purposeful for all children;
- Teaching is excellent and all children thrive and make good progress or better;
- Our HIPIP values are embedded at all levels with a culture of continual improvement;
- Well-being and mental health has a high priority with all staff and pupils feeling valued, included and engaged;
- The school makes a real difference to the local community and we involve ourselves in partnerships that make a real difference to our children;
- We have a tolerance and celebration of difference in our school community;
- We have Healthy School status, Attachment Aware status and are trained in Trauma Perceptive Practice.
Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural Education (SMSC) & British Values
Development in SMSC and British Values will take place across all curriculum areas, within activities that encourage pupils to recognise the spiritual dimension of their learning, reflect on the significance of what they are learning and to recognise any challenges that there may be to their own attitude and lifestyle. Teachers will inspire pupils through the enthusiasm for and modelling of learning. They will use creative strategies and challenging questions to engage pupils in their learning and relate it to their own experiences. For more information please see our Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural Education (SMSC) and British Values Policy and the SMSC & British Values events on our calendar.
HIPIP, our school mascot, tells us the school values:
Honesty “We always tell the truth, even when it is difficult.”
Independence “We try to do things for ourselves, without help.”
Perseverance “We always try our best.”
Inclusivity “We welcome, listen to and include others.”
Politeness “We show respect to all children and adults.”
It’s hip to be HIPIP!