Although the wearing of uniform is not compulsory, we do encourage it, as we believe it helps children feel part of our school community.
Generally, we expect:
- All clothing and footwear to be named.
- Children to bring a coat to school each day as the weather can be very changeable, especially on our exposed playing areas.
- Children to come to school in clothes and shoes which they can manage easily, to help their independence and the class teacher. E.g. if they are unable to tie their own shoelaces, velcro fasteners on shoes would be appreciated.
- All long hair to be tied back because it looks smarter, helps prevent the spread of head lice and is much safer for PE.
- Sensible haircuts e.g. no razor cut designs, Mohicans or dyed hair.
- All PE kit to be kept in school checked for size at the end of each half term.
- No nail varnish, tattoos or make up.
- No open toed shoes (for the children’s safety).
Children should not bring a bag/ back pack to school as we do not have the space to store them. If a bag is essential, it must be small.
Jewellery should not be worn to school. We cannot tape over earrings for PE lessons so children must be able to remove their earrings and place them in an envelope. Ears should only be pierced in the summer holidays to allow time for them to heal.
We must stress that the school cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost or accidentally damaged. Therefore as a general rule please do not send the children to school with items of a precious or special nature.
In hot and sunny weather, we recommend:
- A hat to be kept in school. You can buy school baseball caps from the office.
- Loose fitting, long sleeved protection for those children who burn easily.
- Sunglasses (look for the CE (European Community Standard) and British Standard (BS EN 1836) marks when buying sunglasses.)
- An application, before school, of a high factor sunscreen suitable for your child’s skin type. Wherever possible please use one of the long-lasting sun creams which last all day. If a child is at significant risk from sunburn and needs help with cream application, please speak to the office staff.
Foundation Stage: Black/dark grey jogging bottoms or leggings (winter)
Foundation Stage: Black/dark grey jogging bottoms (winter)
Girls PE kit
Royal blue t-shirt
Boys PE kit
Royal blue t-shirt
Foundation Stage: Black velcro trainers and wellies (named please)
Year 1 & 2: Sensible, black shoes*
*Coloured / white trainers, flip-flops, mules, jellies, crocs and high heels are not deemed suitable footwear for school.
Trainers are worn for all PE. We do not advise wearing plimsolls for PE as they do not offer enough support for your children’s feet, however, they can be worn if school shoes become wet / muddy. If boots are worn to school, please can the children bring a pair of shoes to change into.
Change of clothes
All children in Foundation Stage should have a change of clothes in their PE bag (spare pants, socks, tops and bottoms – all labelled please).
Uniform for Sale
Uniform and accessories embroidered with our logo can be purchased from the school office. However, non-branded uniform is also perfectly acceptable.
|Polo shirt – (short sleeved)||£5.50|