Starting School in September 2023
Welcome to Writtle Infant School! We're so glad that you and your children will soon be part of our school.
Induction Meeting Presentation
The presentation from our Induction Meetings on 13th and 14th June is published below:
Welcome to Writtle Infant School Video
The following video gives a flavour of some of the wonderful experiences you can expect at our school!
A downloadable welcome pack is available below. Paper copies were distributed on 12th July.
Get Ready for School
Please use the following tips to get ready for school.
- Browse through the key information on our website, links to the important pages are on the right.
- Take a look at PACEY's Steps to Starting School.
- Have a go at TLC Essex's list of 50 things to do before you're 5!
- The Road to School poster is a great resource to improve your child's readiness for school. We would recommend this in conjunction with the Am I ready for school? poster.
- A Parent’s Guide to Promoting Early Learning and Development at Home (0 - 5 years) is a useful document to help you support your child's learning at home, particularly during the pandemic.
- Talk, Listen and Cuddle's tips on speech, language and communication
- Ask your child's nursery/pre-school for their reports. These can be e-mailed to us.
Remember, the single most important thing you can do to get your child ready for school is to read stories with them and talk to them about anything and everything!
Finally, please contact us if there is anything else you are unsure about.
We look forward to meeting you!